Another one of my great loves is reading! I love to settle in with a good book and read for hours on end. My favorite type of books are quick witted romantic comedies...I used to call them bubble gum pop love stories, until I found out the proper name for them, chick-lit. It all started with the recommendation that I read a Sophie Kinsella book, then after reading all of her books I moved onto Emily Giffin (my favorite thus far) and I was then stuck on all books chick-lit. I have dabbled with a few other authors like Lauren Weisberger and Candice Bushnell, but in my personal opinion while these books are good I do not LOVE these books as I do the other two authors. I have since been looking for other similar authors to read and just yesterday I came across this article from TresSugar.com...see below:
Chick lit gets a bad rap, but we don't think it's a waste of a genre. Breezy and smart need not be mutually exclusive, so we asked you for your favorite chick-lit novels that are as intelligent as they are fun.
- Can You Keep a Secretby Sophie Kinsella
- Something Borrowedby Emily Giffin
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- Smart Girls Like Meby Diane Vadino
- Sushi For Beginnersby Marian Keyes
- Twenties Girlby Sophie Kinsella
- My Best Friend's Girlby Dorothy Koomson
- Pink Slipby Rita Ciresi
- Trading Up by Candace Bushnell
- The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
Get the other 10 below.
- Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
- The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne
- The Godmother by Carrie Adams
- Something Blueby Emily Giffin
- Last Chance Saloonby Marian Keyes
- The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri
- My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great by Dixie Cash
- Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motelby Curtis Ann Matlock
- Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell
- The Pactby Jodi Picoult
So in between designing candy buffets for upcoming events I am going to attempt to read my way through this list, I will keep everyone updated with my thoughts after each one. Keep in mind I have already read all the Sophie Kinsella, Lauren Weisberger, Candice Bushnell and Emily Giffin books so I will not blog about those, but if you have any questions or comments about them I would love to chat about it. Or if you have any other recommendations that are not on this list let me know.
Just last night I started reading Sushi for Beginners...so far it is a quick witted funny book that takes place in Ireland. I will keep you posted on my review!